Pulses >> Butter Beans
Butter beans or lima beans have a flat shape with a color ranging from pale yellow to white. These beans are delicious with a rich and almost buttery flavor, and a velvety texture and are larger than most beans. They are available in a variety of sizes, colors, and patterns. These nutritious beans are normally eaten shelled.
As with other major beans, lima is also an ancient crop. Lima pods are indigenous to the tropical fertile valleys of Central America. Butter beans are tasty, versatile, and highly nutritious, as well as having a number of health benefits. Its high content of fiber can help you remain full for longer. In addition, the soluble fiber present in butter bean supports digestion. Butter beans are also rich in potassium and are great to use in salads and stews. Butter beans are an excellent plant-based protein source for vegans.
Benefits of Butter beans:
- It is rich in protein and other nutrients
- Reduces the risk of cancer
- Prevents fatty liver
- Controls appetite and helps in weight management
- Prevents certain types of anaemia.
- They are low-fat, low-calorie food.
- Lowers blood cholesterol by reducing re-absorption in the colon and may reduce your risk of diabetes and heart disease.
- Contains many B-complex vitamins, including vitamin B6, vitamin B-1, pantothenic acid, riboflavin, and niacin.