Coir Products >> Coco Husk Chips
Coco husk chips are made by cutting the coconut husk into uniform pieces. The size of the pieces ranges from 1/2″ to 1″. It consists of peat and fibres with good water retention capabilities and can accumulate water nine times its weight. The product is also commonly used for mulching and is available both in pressed and unpressed form. Chips made from coconut husk last longer and provide a high capacity for cation exchange.
The combination of fine coir and coco husk chips is a perfect growth factor for superior healthy plants. Besides, it is flexible to use straight from the bag without using any other medium. Coco husk chips also have the significant ability to absorb water 10 times more and can release moisture to the plant root for a long time. Hence, Coir husk chips are an ideal solution for seed germination. Further, it retains the fertilizers for a long period at the roots. The usage of coir chips maintains perfect soil temperature and conditions for the healthy growth of the plant.
SITCO produces and supplies superior quality coco husk chips to farmers around the world. Our products are not only affordable, but are widely used in gardening, potting mixes, mushroom farming, or an organic medium for cultivation.
Specifications of Coco Husk Chips
1) Size: 30x30x12cm (+/- 2cm)
2) Block Weight: 4.5 Kg (+/-3%)
3) pH : 5.8 to 6.5
4) Electrical Conductivity: Below 0.5 ms/cm (Low EC), Above 1 ms/cm (High EC)
5) Compressed Ratio: 5:1
6) Moisture Content: Below 15%
7) Impurities : Below 3%
- Garden beds
- Mushroom farming
- Organic growing medium for plants
- Bedding medium for earthworms
- Potting mixes
- Fast and healthy growth of plants
- Enhances agricultural facilities
- Provides moisture for the plant for a longer time
- Prevents invasion of weeds and insects
- Maintains perfect soil condition