Pulses >> Garden Peas
Peas or garden peas are members of the family Fabaceae, which produces pods containing seeds. They are cultivated throughout the world and are valued for their edible seeds. These garden peas have played a vital role in human nutrition for centuries.
East Asian cuisines use garden peas extensively. They are easy to grow and contain fiber and protein, which make them a good source of nutrition. Furthermore, green peas are rich in complex carbohydrates called starches, which is why they are considered starchy vegetables, similar to potatoes, corn, and squash. Green peas are also rich in fiber and antioxidants. Additionally, research suggests they may help prevent certain chronic illnesses, such as cancer and heart disease. These peas can be bought fresh, frozen, or canned.
SITCO brings garden peas of superior quality processed in state-of-the-art facilities to ensure that our customers receive only safe, organic products. We supply worldwide and guarantee the purest quality at the best prices.
Specifications of Garden Peas
Ingredients : Green Peas (50%), Water (46%), Sugar (2%) & Common Salt & Acidity
Contains Permitted Synthetic Food Colours (E132 & 102).
Nutritional Value Per 100 g (approximate value): Energy 56 Kcal, Carbohydrate 10 g,
Sugar 2 g, Protein 4g, Fat Negligible, Cholesterol Nil.
- Higher levels of proteins
- Good source of dietary fiber, vitamin A, iron, folate, thiamine, vitamin C, and manganese
- Peas contain insoluble fibers that minimize the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke, and also help to control blood sugar levels.
- Peas have a high fiber content that helps keep your digestive system healthy.
- They are an excellent source of iron.
- Peas are among the best immunity-building foods because of their high vitamin C content.
- Lutein in peas helps keep your eyes healthy.