Palakkadan Matta Rice (Rosematta Rice, Red Parboiled Rice, or Kerala Red Rice) is a native of Palakkad, Kerala. It differs from brown rice in many ways. The Kerala Matta rice is highly nutritious and rich in nutrients.
You can enjoy the matta rice for its distinct taste, color, and flavor it brings to your dishes. The matta rice is available as both long and short varieties. While the long matta is called Vadi, the short matta is called Unda.
|Variety||Palakadan matta rice/ Matta rice|
|Broken Grains||0.5 % Max|
Benefits of the Palakkadan Matta rice:
- Nutrient-rich. The red pericarp is rich in nutrients
- Rich in magnesium
- It lowers the risk of cancer and heart disease
- Decrease the risk of diabetes
- It provides the daily dietary fiber requirement
- Slows down the absorption of carbohydrates
- Rich in Vitamins A & B
- Reduces blood pressure.t