The mustard plant belongs to the genera Sinapis and Brassica, in the family Brassicaceae. Mustard seed is among the oldest spices and was used as an everyday spice in ancient Greek. It has a sharp and fiery flavor and does not have any aroma of its own. Mustard seeds can be toasted whole to use in dishes and powdered mustard is used in numerous dishes. The seeds are ground and mixed with vinegar, water, or other liquids to make prepared mustard. Due to its high medicinal value, the ancient Greeks consider mustard as the gift from the god healing.
|Foreign matter||1% max|
|Oil content||25% to 30% max|
|Color||Black and Yellow/td>|
Benefits of Mustard:
- Speeds up the metabolism.
- Stimulates digestion
- Inhibits the growth of cancer cells.
- Reduces the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
- It brings down high blood pressure.
- Soothes bronchitis, sore throats and pneumonia.
- Aids to reduce the intensity of asthma.
- It helps to heal bee stings.