Pulses >> Runner Beans
The runner bean belongs to the Legume family and has its origin in South America. They are nutrient-rich and are an excellent source of folic acid and vitamins A and C. These long pods have a rough appearance and a pale green color. Runner beans have a stronger flavor compared to French beans. Runner beans are also much larger than green beans. Compared to green beans, they have long and flat pods with rough-textured skin. The young beans turn soft while cooking and have a distinct flavor.
Green beans are high in fiber and low in calories and provide a wide variety of valuable nutrients. It contains antioxidants, vitamin C, flavonols, quercetin, and kaemferol. A high intake of antioxidants can help fight free radicals, which can reduce cell damage in your body and reduce your chances of getting certain health conditions.
|Foreign Matter||1% max|
Benefits of Runner beans:
- Runner beans are highly nutritious and an excellent source of folic acid, iron, vitamin A and C
- The high fiber content can help prevent heart disease by lowering LDL cholesterol.
- The fiber in green beans helps to maintain a healthy digestive system.
- Green beans are a good source of vitamin K and calcium and help to maintain strong and healthy bones.
- Chlorophyll found in green beans may reduce the growth of cancer tumors.